Tuesday, February 16, 2010

LOST Interviews!


W/Josh Holloway (Sawyer)

How’s poor Sawyer holding up when we see him again in Tuesday’s episode?
He’s still racked with grief and full of guilt for allowing [Juliet’s death] to happen.

But Juliet’s the one who let go of Sawyer’s grip and detonated the bomb!
That doesn’t erase the shame and guilt of not being able to hold on. At the core, it’s a man’s responsibility to protect, no matter what. Going forward, Sawyer’s all anger. He hooks up with Locke because he just doesn’t care to live anymore. He’s already dead inside.

Are things officially over then between Sawyer and Kate?
Any feelings he allows for Kate are a betrayal to Juliet and their love. As the character, I don’t want anything to do with it. It’s shameful to him. Yet there’s an inevitable attraction. I want the writers to honor what Sawyer and Kate have built together, but I don’t know what that looks like.

Is it fun to get to play two versions of Sawyer this season — one on the island and one in the flash-sideways?
With all the things I’ve been through with this character already, it’s interesting. I thought I’d just figured out Sawyer and now it’s like, “Not so fast!” But life is that way — we think we learn lessons but then they come back for another round.

Source: Full Interview @ TV Watch

W/Terry O'Quinn (Locke)

If there’s been one knock on ‘Lost’s new season, it’s that the alternate reality where Flight 815 didn’t crash has left people a bit cold. Are those storylines going to get more compelling?
I have no way to read that kind of thing; I simply do my best when I’m performing it. But I’ve been told by one person who’s seen it that in the episode coming up, [the "sideways" storytelling] really kicks in.

In one clip that ABC released, it looks like John’s box-company boss isn’t very happy with him.
Yeah, Randy is just a little upset. There are repercussions for John’s trip to Australia that send him on a new journey in that “alternate universe” – and that will overlap with other characters from the island.

On the romantic front, things seem to be going well for John and Helen (played by Katey Sagal). In that same clip, there’s mention of a wedding.
Yeah, but I wouldn’t say it’s Helen [who is marrying John]. I wont say it’s not Helen either. Yes, apparently a wedding is being planned – but John might be making that up too!

How soon will we learn why Smokey was “very disappointed” with the people there on the beach?
I’m not exactly sure why Smokey said that – maybe it was just because they were pointing guns at him when he came out? I wonder if there’s going to be a payoff to that line or not.

Is it safe to say that Smokey swiftly silenced Richard because he was afraid he’d reveal too much to the onlookers?
No, it’s not safe to say that. Locke speaks to why he silenced Richard so quickly in one of the next few episodes. He tells Richard why he did that.

I read that around midseason, you have a scene where you unload a lot of island history. Was it hard to grasp all of it as you said it?
It’s delivered so piecemeal, and I’m fed it the same way the audience is fed it, that it’s not hard to grasp. All I have to know is “What are my lines?” and “What is my character’s objective in this scene?”

Read the full interview at Fancast

No comments: