Thursday, July 2, 2009

SPOILERS!


Question: Will House recover from whatever it is that landed him in the psycho ward? --Catherine
Ausiello: You mean will he stop being crazy? "No," says Robert Sean Leonard. "It would be like Quincy suddenly getting nice and loving examining dead bodies. There are certain things that are just givens about the show, and one is the general makeup of House’s attitude and personality. He may stop hallucinating but he’d never stop being sarcastic." Adds series creator David Shore: "It depends on how we define better. That is the question. How sick is he? Does House want to get better? Can he get better? And how much better? And how much will the team be told and how will the dynamic shift with House away? Those are the questions we are going to deal with in the first bunch of episodes, and perhaps even the whole season to a certain extent."

Question: Is it true that Gregory Itzin will be back on 24 next season? --Arleen
Ausiello: That's false.

Question: Is it true that Claire on Heroes is going to have a romantic relationship with Rachel Melvin's new character, Annie? --Elizabeth
Ausiello: That's true. Kind of. I'm not sure about a full-blown relationship, but I can confirm that the college roomies will engage in a little Sapphic experimentation. At least that's the plan. Meanwhile, Hayden P. insists rumors that she tried to wiggle out of her Heroes contract at the end of the last season have been greatly exaggerated (i.e., all lies!) "I love my job and I love where I am," she maintains. "Heroes has been such a massive part of my life. I've been doing it for four years, and at times you get restless; I think anyone would in any job. But I love what I do. I love my job. I love my cast members. They're all my family. I don't pay attention to rumors like that. That's why they're called rumors. 'Cause they're rumors." Thanks for clearing that up!

Question: Will we see Mekhi Phifer and/or Jennifer Beals back on Lie to Me next season? Any other new faces coming on board?--Bernd
Ausiello: Mekhi has been promoted to a series regular, while Jennifer will continue to recur as Lightman's ex. As far as new blood goes, we'll meet Lightman's longtime rival, an on-camera expert in the same field.

Question: With regard to your 24 asterisk quiz in last week's Ask Ausiello, is it safe to say that Ethan will be promoted to Commander in Chief next season? --Neely
Ausiello: You'd be safer going with Secretary of State.

Question: Now that Drea de Matteo is on Desperate Housewives, what does that mean for her character on Sons of Anarchy? --Brandon
Ausiello: It means "she is not currently scheduled to appear in season 2," per an FX spokesperson. Speaking of season 2, it debuts Sept. 8.

Question: Heroes scoop please? --Justin?
Ausiello: Remember me telling you that producers were casting an 11-year-old version of Nathan? Well, thanks to Adrian Pasdar, now we know why! "I absorb a memory from an article of clothing that sends me back in time to when I was 11," he explains. "Something happened to young Nathan but old Nathan doesn't remember it. How can that be? It has to do with a character we have met before."

Question: I'm having Glee withdrawals! News, please? --James
Ausiello: I don't want to blow my whole Glee wad before the show even returns! Oh, who am I kidding, yes I do. MADtv's Michael Hitchcock -- yet another Christopher Guest alum -- will be appearing alongside Eve as the director of a different rival choir.

Question: Ever since the news of Callum Blue being cast as Zod on Smallville was reported, there is one question we are all dying to know: Was the "Mason" role, in fact, Zod? --C.B.
Ausiello: Yep, it sure was. Speaking of which, Justin Hartley doesn't think a Green Arrow-Zod face-off is in the cards next season. "I have the good sense in my head to let Clark deal with [him]," he says with a laugh. "I'll stick to dealing with the ladies. Why would I start something with that guy? That guy looks tall in photos. I don't need a piece of that guy."

Question: Could you kindly tell us Smallville fans what Season 9 will be about? --Colin
Ausiello: According to Justin Hartley, a portion of it will be about Oliver confronting his demons. "I think he is going to struggle with the things he has been afforded [as a result of] his powers," he says. "He has sacrificed things and done things that haunt him… It's bad stuff. We need to get to the bottom of it."

Question: Hey, did you hear the new Smurfs movie will be in 3-D?! Anyways do you have any more Lost scoop? --Erick
Ausiello: May's series finale is going to be a real downer, predicts Michael Emerson. "I don't think Lost will have a happy ending," he confessed to us at the Saturn Awards. "It's the end and I think we are going to start seeing more casualties. I would put money on major characters being killed. I believe it will be a sad ending to the show -- or at least bittersweet. I think it will definitely be a series finale for grownups." Emerson, meanwhile, is still trying to make sense of the season 5 finale. (Join the club!) "I killed Jacob... maybe... probably," he hedged. "It isn't like we haven't seen plenty of other people be killed and somehow come back. And what does it mean if I did kill him? I Who the hell was he anyway? Obviously, Ben wanted a father. So much of our show is about bad fathers. It is one of our biggest themes. And Jacob disappointed in those final moments. And maybe Jacob made it easy for him. Maybe that was all meant to happen. Is it all ordained? Maybe. And for that matter, can Jacob even be killed? Stay tuned is my response."

Source: EW

No comments: