Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Terminator Spoilers!


Terminator's Jones Reveals Spoilers

Richard T. Jones, who plays FBI agent James Ellison on Fox's Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, told SCI FI Wire (spoilers ahead!) that his character will take the job as private security for Zeira Corp., the company run by Catherine Weaver (Shirley Manson) and a precursor to Skynet. Weaver was revealed to be a liquid-metal Terminator in the season premiere and approached Ellison in the most recent episode, "The Mousetrap," which aired Sept. 22. "I end up working with Shirley Manson, for her [character]'s company, which is a lot better for me, because they have money," Jones said in an interview at Fox's party to celebrate the fall season in Hollywood earlier this month.

"They pay me with nice stuff. I get nice suits. I sell out for the money. No, but I sell out for better resources so I can find out a little bit more about what Terminators are, how they run and why they're here." Jones added that Ellison does not know he is in fact working for a Terminator. In a separate interview that night, series creator Josh Friedman said that he wanted to twist audience expectations that Ellison would team up with the good guys. "It sort of came out of where we were at the end of last season," Friedman said. "We were like, 'OK, what are we going to do with him now that he knows what he knows?' I think everybody sort of assumed now that he knows there are Terminators, he's just going to go team up with the Connors and become more of a student to them, which is why I really didn't want to do that. I figured that's what we all expect. There are other ways for him to get through the day and other motivations for him and curiosities."

When Ellison meets up with the Connors in subsequent episodes, it makes for a more exciting confrontation. "The first meeting is with John [Thomas Dekker], actually, and it's not what you would call a good meeting," Jones said. "He comes with Cameron [the cyborg played by Summer Glau]. Put it this way: He comes with someone. He's not just coming by himself to say hi, so it's an interesting meeting, and I get the worse end of it." Ellison has already dealt with the Terminator Cromartie (Garret Dillahunt) and will face more.

"Before I meet Cameron, I come to meet a couple more Terminators," Jones said. "I met Garrett, and I meet another Terminator before I meet Cameron." Friedman added that upcoming episodes will focus more on the Terminator characters. "Episode four we'll find out a lot about Cameron's backstory," Friedman said. "We've got some good future stuff coming up. It's all very intense action episodes with Garret Dillahunt's character, Cromartie, stepping up the hunt." Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT

Source: Scifi.com

No comments: