Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SPOILERS!


Question: All these years with your damn puzzles! I have a little puzzle for you to figure out, Mr. Ausiello: S**rf*s bl*w! Good luck with that one. -- Kyle

Ausiello: Smurfs blow! Wow, that was F-U-N. Now I'll return the favor with another one of my phenomenally successful multiple choice quizzes, this time pertaining to the fate of a certain MIA island on Lost. We will come to learn that one of the following is true in Lost's fifth season premiere.

A. The Island moved forward in time.

B. The Island moved backward in time.

C. The Island did not move in time, but it did move in space -- to another location on the planet.
D. The Island did not move in time or space -- it's still there, but Dharma tech renders it invisible to the naked eye.


Question: Thanks for the
interview with Emilie de Ravin, but do you know for sure that Claire will be back for Lost's sixth and final season? I'm suspicious. -- Devon


Ausiello: I was too, but then I asked executive producer Carlton Cuse and he put my mind at ease. "Claire is a wonderful part of the show and the audience can rest assured that they will see [her] again on Lost," Cuse told me Sunday night at the Governors Ball. "It's just all part of Damon and my grand plan for how the story is going to be best told. And we don't want someone to be on the show and not be serviced well. The story that we're telling this year is going in some other directions, but we'll circle back around to include Emilie we think in a very exciting way."




Question: As much as I loved your Emmy interview with Lisa Edelstein -- and I did love it -- it wasn't exactly overflowing with scoop. Did you uncover any real House dirt over the weekend? -- Elaine


Ausiello: You just reminded me of something: I totally forgot to post my pre-Emmy one-on-one with House executive producer Katie Jacobs! What was I thinking?! I'll tell you what I was thinking: I needed to save something for this week's Ask Ausiello. And I think you'll agree this particular spoiler was worth waiting for. With all my attention focused on the big Huddy kiss in episode 6, Jacobs blindsided me with the news that there's also a sensational smooch in episode 5 -- this one between Thirteen and another woman! "Even before the House and Cuddy kiss, Thirteen is on a little bit of a spiral," Jacobs teased. "She has Huntington's. And when you don't know how many years you have left to live, you might exhibit some reckless, risk-taking behavior. And she doesn't express it through her work, but after hours, she's leading quite a life." Who's the lucky gal that gets to mack on Olivia Wilde? Jacobs isn't saying. "Thirteen's sexual involvement with this woman is not really about this other woman," she explains. "It's about Thirteen's reckless behavior. It's not the first time she's done it, and it won't be the last time." I'd tell you what else Jacobs said but I have to save something for next week's AA!




Question: You've been rockin' the Supernatural scoop lately, to which I have one thing to say: Keep it comin'! -- Mandy


Ausiello: I've been devoting so much valuable AA real estate to the Brothers Winchester these past few weeks that I'm inclined to take at least partial credit for the show's record-breaking season premiere-ratings last week. Eh, screw that, I'm taking all the credit. And don't be surprised if this next Supebit drives the show's Nielsens even higher: In episode 5, Dean punches Sam not once, but twice. And not by accident!



Question: I'll be your BFF if you give me some Supernatural scoop! -- Justin


Ausiello: I'll let you know if an opening comes up in my friends rotation. Till then, you'll probably be satisfied to know that the show is casting two new recurring roles: One's a pretty ass kicker who hears voices and seems likely to become a love interest for one of the Winchester boys; the other's a he-demon whose serene demeanor belies a mile-wide sadistic streak. He's a little less likely to become a love interest for one of the Winchester boys. Just a hunch.



Question: I've got a craving for True Blood scoop. Got anything I can sink my teeth into? -- Manda


Ausiello: Ha! I get it! True Blood. Sink your teeth. Genius! The fifth episode ends with a major character dying. (If you're a fan of Charlaine Harris' books, it won't come as much of a surprise to you. I wasn't, so I was majorly shocked.) Speaking of True Blood, can we get a round of applause for Ryan Kwanten? Dude's delivering a breakout performance. (When does he find time to rehearse between all the workouts he's obviously doing?)




Question: Thank you for the spoilers from Smallville. Got anything new? -- Sue


Ausiello: Details are emerging on the blockbuster November sweeps two-parter (episodes 10 and 11) and they're so tantalizing that even I'm tempted to watch. Following Chloe's wedding to Jimmy, Brainiac slowly starts taking over Chloe's body. By episode 11, he has taken complete possession of her. And that, my friends, is just the tip of the iceberg.




Question: How bad are the ratings for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? -- Dean


Ausiello: Armageddon-like? An SCC insider tells me that if the show's numbers don't start to climb, Fox is unlikely to order any additional episodes beyond the 13 currently in the pipeline. At Saturday's EW pre-Emmy bash, Thomas Dekker remained hopeful that they could hold off doomsday at least until the end of football season. "We¹re up against Monday Night Football," he sighed, "which is tricky because we have a lot of football fans."



Question: Heroes premiere rocked! Scoop? -- Doug


Ausiello: Sure did. Too bad 25 percent fewer people saw it. Now, this next tidbit isn't so much a scoop as it is an interesting behind-the-scenes nugget that has "cocktail party chatter" written all over it. The reason Kristen Bell's TV papa spent the entire episode (okay, two scenes) sitting in a chair was that his portrayer, Stephen Tobolowsky, broke his neck horse riding in Iceland. "He had to shoot all his scenes in the chair looking face forward," whispers my Heroes tipster. "He took his neck brace off only when the cameras were rolling." Thanks to Sylar's handiwork, Tobolowsky's injury is not expected to have any further impact on production.




Source: Ausiello @ EW

No comments: