Monday, September 22, 2008

Heroes Scoop!


Twists In Store For Heroes'
AndoThis week's season premiere of NBC's Heroes seems to suggest big changes for James Kyson Lee's character, Ando Masahashi. (Spoilers ahead!) In the episode, Hiro (Masi Oka) visits the future and sees his future self squaring off against a now superpowered Ando. Lee told SCI FI Wire that this glimpse might not have been the betrayal it appeared to be.
"I don't think it was more of a betrayal, but a misunderstanding," Lee said in an interview at the show's fall premiere party in Los Angeles earlier this month. "There's obviously a lot of mystery involving that scene. I think that's part of it, that we don't really know how the future plays out. In this show, you can never assume, because what seems to be doesn't turn out to be, [and, in fact,] turns out to be completely different." Now that Hiro has seen the possible future, he and Ando are trying to prevent it in the present.
"We'll see if they go there, how it gets there," Lee said. "But it was a nice little preview of what could be in the future." Lee is ready for Ando to get superpowers. He's paid his dues playing the sidekick. "I think it would be fun," he said. "I've had a couple seasons as the mortal, and he's sort of been used to [being] the guide to the audience, I think, in some ways. That's been cool. But I think this character seems to be growing every season. I think that would just add another element and a layer to play with. So it'd be interesting."
By season three, audiences hardly need a guide: Heroes viewers are pretty good at following along. "Not so much a guide, but I think he always sort of represented the loyalty and the honor that sort of [lay] in all of us," Lee said. "So he was a character that I think a lot of people could relate to. But to throw in a little bad boy in there, that's always fun." Either way, the third season of Heroes should allow Ando to come into his own. "I think he's on a personal journey this year to find his own wings," Lee said. "So he and Hiro, I think, will go through some really interesting arcs."
Season three of Heroes kicks off tonight at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Source: Scifi.com

No comments: