Friday, November 23, 2007

LOST Scoop!!


Some info from DarkUFO, translated by Carol, & Original Article @: GDA


The press meeting with part of the LOST cast to introduce its fourth season is as mysterious as the successful show. We are in a room in Disney's studios at Burbank, and no one among the hundred journalist arrived from all around the world knows who will come. It is said that Evangeline Lilly (Kate). Or maybe Josh Holloway (Sawyer). Even Naveen Andrews might appear. "Impossible", says someone who has been coming to these events for years. The actor who plays the tormented Sayid has never attended one of these meetings. But, surprise!, suddenly, Andrews enters the room. "I came to a Sex Pistols concert and took advantage of the chance of doing this", he says, in a very good mood.


The amazement doesn't end with him. There is also Harold Perrineau, Michael, a character that didn't appear in the whole third season and that the day after this meeting will begin shooting in Hawaii his first comeback episode. "Last Friday I finished shooting a movie, the next day I took a plane to come here, and last night I was given a script I plan to read in the plane to Hawai, so I have absolutely no idea about what is going to happen", he says.Perrineau attitude is a reminder of how some things never change. The inscrutability is the norm while dealing with LOST.


However, actors let out some things. Before, a warning: those who follow the third season through Canal 13 and haven't finished watching it, are advised to not read further.Elizabeth Mitchell, the blond and enigmatic Juliet in the show, says: "There are still lots of people left to die. There are many deaths... people exploding and things like that". She also tells an anecdote that deepens the mistery: "Yesterday I was reading the script of the episode that comes after the one dedicated to my character. I cried a lot, because I learned something that I didn't like finding out about".


Fourth season of LOST will be shorter: only 16 episodes instead the more than 20 of a conventional one. Depending of the duration of the writers strike, the intention is airing it without reruns. Every week, a new episode broadcasted.Perrineau says: "When I left the show, the idea was always that my character would come back. And I was told as well that he would be very different. How different? "I don't know, that's my point. I am told he is going to be different, but nothing else" he adds, laughing.


About his role, the son of Chilean Jorge Garcia (Hurley in the show) points out: "He still doesn't know that Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) has died, so he will have to deal with that loss. I think the relationship between Charlie and Hurley was the most solid one in the show. It won't be easy for him". Garcia states that he is interested in coming to Chile, but adds that it will depend of the representatives of the studio coordinating the possibility. "I also would love to go when there is good weather".


Those who watched the third season finale through cable or in DVD, found out the new modality: now, moments of the future are also shown, when the survivors have already left the island. Can we assume that this will be done again? "You can assume whatever you want to", says Andrews. "But, yes... yes, that could happen", he adds, turning into the most secretive of the guests.


Elizabeth Mitchell goes a little further: "There will be more looks into the future, but that won't be find out until the end of the episode. We will also see that some survivors are dead in the future". The actress adds: "A big difference between last season and the new one is that now we are going to see more group interaction. There won't be episodes in which you don't see a character. That has given me the chance to work with almost everyone".

No comments: