Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fringe Romance Scoop!


Anna Torv “Fringe” has been compared to “X-Files” because of its freaky cases and the hot chemistry between its two lead characters. And since the show's premiere, fans have been asking if Peter & Olivia will follow in the footsteps of Mulder and Scully, taking their relationship to the next level.

Anna Torv (Olivia) told me it’s probably too soon for them to explore a Peter-Olivia pairing. “I think that’s a question for season three,” she said. "[Right now] they are all just trying to find their space with each other."

When I posed the question to Joshua Jackson (Peter), he told me he doesn’t know if Peter and Olivia will ever get to that romantic point, despite the fact that his flirtation -- or whatever you want to call it -- with Olivia’s sister is coming to an end. “I don’t think our show is built for [the will-they-won’t-they storyline]. It’s not ‘X-Files.' Because you have a three-way [partnership], I see it more as a family than as [Peter and Olivia having] a romantic relationship, with a dad [tagging along].”

Good thing Anna and Josh have no idea what they're talking about.

"They are actors, they don't know what's coming up," executive producer and show runner Jeff Pinkner said jokingly when I informed him of his actor's opinions. Thing is, I don't think he was really joking.

Pinkner asked what we would like to see happen with P&O and I told him that I don’t mind waiting for the relationship to progress as long as I know it'll eventually happen. I said that lately it seems -- with storylines such as Peter’s interest in Olivia’s sis -- like the writers are trying to back away from a possible P-O pairing, and I added that if that's the case, they should try to avoid giving the fans any more false hope for the future.

And I don't know, I guess Jeff liked my rant, 'cause he then revealed to me -- in no uncertain terms -- that Peter and Olivia will get together. It'll probably just be at a glacial pace...

So, yeah, thoughts?

Source: Zap2IT

No comments: