Friday, May 1, 2009

If You Liked Twilight......


So I read alot and I like books that are similar in many ways to the T.V. shows that I watch. And yes, of course I've read the Twilight, Sookie Stackhouse & Harry Potter books in addition to many, many more.


But I'm always looking for new blogs and websites that have reliable recommendations so I don't go through the trouble of borrowing a book from the library and finding out later that it sucks.

So if you have a blog or website or you know of one that exists that gives good recommendations on fantasy/sci-fi books please leave a comment on this post.

Now, onto my own personal recommendation!

The "Sweeps Series" (or "Wicca Series" as they call it in Europe) by Cate Tiernan is fantastic and in many ways has a similar flow to it as I find the Twilight books do. They're easy to read, not very long, and the characters are all pretty damn great.

Though it is a pretty long series with fifteen books total, but to be honest I wish it were even longer. I recently finished Book 13 of the series and am waiting for the second to last of the series.

So in short, check your local library or bookstore for the first in the Sweep series "Book of Shadows" and get reading!

Here's a pretty in-depth fansite if you want to get a deeper look:
http://firefairy.eve7k.com/sweep/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would highly recommend my friends blog over at www.bookthing.co.uk she is an avid reader and gives well written reviews on a number of fantasy series.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great - thanks!!

Shannon said...

It's almost all I read these days and what I found success with is checking the blogs of writers I like. If they recommend an author I generally have pretty good success. There is also Good Reads. More a peer network, but many authors are using it themselves and rating what they read.

MrsB108 said...

Thanks Shannon!