Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SPOILERS!!!


Mena in Los Angeles: I just read that Battlestar Galactica will air its "final, final" season in January. Any hints on what to expect?
I can tell you that when I asked Jamie Bamber about the last 10 episodes, he was positively effusive. This wasn't just an actor reading his lines flogging the show—he was truly in awe of the final three eps. According to Jamie: "They're amazing. Ron's finale is just sensational. All I can say is they're well-deserving of being the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica." So excited! Also, by the by, Jamie's wife is just about the coolest girl you could ever meet. She's the kind of girl who tells you that you have something in your teeth before you interview her husband and helps you get it out...(Not that that happened to me or anything. No thireee! Wait, thorry...need to get this rathpberry theed out of my teeth...No siree!)
*************************************
Wendy in Singapore: Kristin, thank you for all the Comic-Con reporting. Do you have any other Lost stuff? Especially about Kate seeing Sawyer again?
Actually, I just heard from a reliable source what the new nonflash story structure is supposed to be for season five, and here's what I can tell you:
What my source told me seems to jibe perfectly with everything we've heard straight from the mouths of Damon and Carlton at TCA and Comic-Con-
-It could be incredibly confusing
-Think about the Jin and Sun episode from last season.
-In particular, this new story structure (which we'll discuss more as it gets closer to the new season) seems to ease my biggest fear about season five: separated characters and character groups. So before the secret gets out and everyone starts bitching about the confusing part, I'd like to say thanks, writers, for listening to us fans about wanting to see our faves continue to share adventures. Cheers.
*************************************
Halo in St. Paul, Minn.: I would love to hear something about Heroes!
How about some Mohinder dish? As was revealed in the Comic-Con screening of the season premiere, Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy) is getting powers, and I can tell you that the powers you see exhibited at the end of the finale are not the end of the story. Before too long we'll see him exhibit a nifty power that he shares with one of the top five comic-book superheroes of all time. Care to guess which hero and which power? (Here's a hint: Homer Simpson had a pig version.)
********************************
Augusta in Phoenix: Missing Battlestar Galactica real bad. Any scoop to tide me over?
I'm hearing that they leave Three (Lucy Lawless) behind on Earth. Why they leave Earth and what this means for the rest of the gang, I do not know. However, wouldn't it be cool if Earth Three found some nice young apocalypse survivor to settle down with and the two of them turned out to be Adam and Eve of this here human race?
*************************************
Tessa in Albuquerque, N.M.: Kristin, thanks for the Chuck scoop from Comic-Con! The panel was amazing, but I have to ask: Who is doing the same-sex kissing this season?! They never said!
Yeah, and I'm not really sure I was supposed to let that cat out of the bag, but I can tell you that the two kissers are the fine (and I do mean fi-yeene) fellas who got the most raucous applause during the panel. A little Adam Baldwin and Zachary Levi tonsil hockey anyone? Obviously, the way in which this happens is not anywhere near a blossoming romance, but it is hot and ridiculous and hilarious, and I think you're gonna love it, along with all the rest of the goodness for the new season! By the way, if you want the full Chuck panel from Comic-Con, it is here. And thanks to all of you who attended!
****************************************
Heath in Boston: So excited about meeting the Awesomes this season on Chuck. But are Ellie and Awesome really going to make it to the altar?
This coming season will not be all smiles, so Captain Awesome is going to head to the most and least likely person for advice on Ellie. Any guesses as to who he turns to?
*********************************8
Mischa in Mendocino, Calif.: I love Dexter! Can I please get a little scoop on the rest of the boys on there?
Masuka (C.S. Lee) and Batista (David Zayas) are finally going to get some real love! With each other? Ummm...probably not, but we shall see.
*****************************************8
Alison in Jackson, Tenn.: I'm in need of some killer scoop on everyone's favorite and hottest serial killer, Dexter Morgan.
According to Dexter boss Clyde Phillips, "We're introducing a new character named Joey Quinn, played by Desmond Harrington, who is a Northeastern transplant with a New York accent who looks nothing like anyone in Florida. He comes over from narcotics. By the time we pick up the season, he's been there for a couple of weeks, and I.A. [internal affairs] is sniffing around him for various interesting reasons, and he partners up with Deb." Could this be Deb's new honey? What do you think?
**************************************
Serena in Great Neck, N.Y.: Any Prison Break dish?
I'm hearing that vixen Gretchen (Jodi Lynn O'Keefe) may be getting a little tortured this season. Or possibly a lot tortured. Any comment from the Prison Break peanut gallery on that? Also, I caught part of the Prison Break panel at Comic-Con (before I had to run to another commitment), and they showed the first five minutes or so of the season premiere, in which Gretchen tells Michael that Sara is alive. (She's aaaliiiive!) So it all does go down very fast, and it looks like the lovely Dr. Tancredi will be reunited with the lovely Michael "Hot Pants" Scofield in no time flat. (P.S.: Wentworth Miller wasn't able to make the panel because he was working, and I swear you could hear the collective heartbreak of the crowd—including the girls sitting on each other's laps right next to me in order to squeeze in to see him—when that sad news was announced.)
************************************
Emily in San Diego: I heard there are tons of superheroes heading toward Smallville this season. What can you dish?
Aquaman, Black Canary and Green Arrow will be on the hunt to find the missing Clark, and further down the road, I've heard we'll be introduced to a few more supers from the future Justice League. Justin Hartley also told me he's going to have a new love interest this season, but the Lois Lane/Oliver Queen relationship is not dead at all. I smell love triangle!
*********************************************
Melanie in Winter Garden, Fla.: What is going on with 24? I miss Jack & Co.
I can offer a little scoop from Kurtwood Smith, who is a recurring character this season. He said, "I'm doing what I think is six episodes [this season]. I'm in the first episode, and then I don't come back until episode 10. I'm a U.S. senator, and the first episode is in a hearing room—where I'm grilling Jack—and then a good deal of the rest of it takes place in the White House, and what we're shooting this week is my last big scene, and it's just Kiefer and I. It's a very interesting scene. It really addresses the argument between my character and Kiefer's attempt at justifying what he has to do." Kurtwood Smith vs. Kiefer Sutherland? Awesome.
*********************************************
Marshall in Kentucky: Kristin, thanks for all the great scoop from Comic-Con! I was hoping for more from the Terminator show.
Yes, and just for you, it is of the steamy variety! A source on the show told me "We are casting a female resistance fighter who will burn up the sheets with Brian Austin Green." By the by, producer Josh Friedman told the Comic-Con panel he had no faith in Brian being the right choice when he came in for the audition, but was so blown away he made the decision right there on the spot to offer him the role. Also, I asked Brian if he might come on the new 90210 and he said "I'm on Terminator, Monday night on Fox!" Clearly was not about answering that question in any way or form. Hmm...So maybe David Silver is the aforementioned boy returning? What do you think? Possible in any way?
Source: Kristen @ E!

No comments: