Some notes on tonight’s well-worth-the-wait don’t-miss-at-any-cost episode of “Battlestar Galactica.”
* If you want to see the first 90 seconds, click here.
* The revelations in the first 10 or 15 minutes of are so staggering in their hugeness, you may feel like you’re watching the first few minutes of the series finale.
* Baltar’s back in labcoat, and in superscientist mode. No worshippers lurking about.
* We learn how long ago the planet was nuked.
* Anders finds a guitar neck.
* Dualla cries over a set of jacks she finds in the sand.
* Starbuck & Leoben decide to explore the planet together.
* Dualla babysits Hera for Athena & Helo. (So I gather those scenes deleted from the prior episode - the ones depicting Athena's violent death - never happened.) This scene may prove important later.
* A major character speaks the words, “What am I?”
* Six finds something astonishing in the sand.
* Starbuck finds something astonishing in a field.
* Gaeta finds something astonishing in his bunkroom.
* Tyrol finds something astonishing in his brain.
* Leoben speaks the words, “I was wrong.”
* Roslin comes to some very big decisions. Mary McDonnell may be the finest dramatic actress on the planet.
* An enraged William Adama has a memorably tense conversation with his executive officer. It begins with the words, “Sit down, Cylon.”
* Lee will adjust the number on the whiteboard.
* At least one character will begin hiding a big new secret.
* The final scene deleted from screeners forwarded to the press is said to contain the identity of the 12th and final Cylon. Which means I'll be watching tonight as well.
* How does your screener end, spoiler boy? “Just ride the tide out to sea,” Tigh tells his fellow Cylon.