- Chloe and Jimmy will "try to manage life" after the wedding but things will not be easy for them.
- Tess's league of super-powered villains will be let loose at some point this season. ("Injustice," anyone?)
- Souders notes that Clark's double identity will face new challenges, and that Oliver and other members of the Justice League haven't had the same struggles with developing their superhero identities, because their first identities aren't lies. For Clark, the transition is harder because Clark Kent, farmboy, is already a mask. She adds that Clark's humanity also gets in the way.
- The producers have planned two different potential arcs to end Season 8, depending on if there is another season. Regardless of when it happens, the final episode will be "either a heroic send-off or a heartbreaking decision for Clark to move on to the next phase." Souders is confident that the show could work for a ninth season. "People have been telling Superman stories for decades, so we have no doubt we can tell stories for another year," she says.
- Regarding romantic futures for Clark and Lois: "After a near-kiss with Lois, emotions and lust are flying. Their chemistry is charging ful speed ahead, but let's face it, their insecure walls are getting in the way."