Thursday, August 21, 2008

Heroes Casting Cut!


Heroes newcomer Dana Davis who plays hero 'Monica' will not be rejoining the cast for long this upcoming year. Here's a chunk of the interview where she confirms this:


PW: I loved Monica's power - the ability to mimic any behavior - whose was your favorite?

Dana: I am in love with Hiro's power, but mine was definitely the most fun. Like the other actors just close their eyes to demonstrate their powers, I got to run and jump and it was amazing.


PW: The last we saw Monica, she had caused Niki (Ali Larter) to "die," when does the season premiere pick up?

Dana: We pick up right there.


PW: Do you play a large part in season three?

Dana: Well, I would just say to fans of Monica's, I don't want to disappoint them, but her storyline wraps up fairly quickly.


PW: Why?

Dana: "Heroes" didn't get the same critical or fan acclaim in season two, so I think the creators felt a lot of pressure because the ratings dropped and it wasn't nominated for any Emmys. And with the strike, I feel like the writers had a lot of time to sit around and think. They wanted to come back really strong and go back to what the show was in season one - less drama, more action. And they took it in a different direction that didn't really include Monica.


PW: That's terrible, I thought there was a lot of potential there.

Dana: Yeah, me too. I loved the character and I love the power - but I totally understand and it makes a lot of sense knowing where the story goes.


PW: And heroes return all the time - it's a small superpowered world!

Dana: Absolutely! Tim Kring [creator] and I have talked about that, you never know when I'll show up again!


Read Full Interview Here: NY Post

Posted By: The ODI

No comments: