Thursday, January 29, 2009

LOST Theory!


Found this post on Doc Artz's blog and tend to agree with it!


"I had a really cool theory about Charles Widmore that got scooped recently because I dragged my feet in posting it, so I’m going to get this one out there as soon as I can.


Here it is:


I know who Faraday’s mother is! Yes, yes, I realize everyone suspects it’s Mrs Hawkings, but I have some indirect proof. Not to mention if I’m right, this sheds some light on the white-haired lady’s back story.


Remember the Constant last season? Desmond goes to Faraday’s lab where he is putting a little rat through a maze. The rat’s name? Eloise. I figure this is the name of Faraday’s mother, you know, because why wouldn’t Faraday name a rat after his mom?This would be just useless guess work were it not for the popups during The Lie last night. One of the popups identified the white-haired lady as Eloise Hawkings. Aha! So if Mrs Hawkings does turn out to be Faraday’s Mom, then I was right that he named the rat after her.


And if so, big deal! So he named his rat after his mother, why would this merit an entire article?
Because, the blond Other that captured the Freighter Trio and led Faraday to Jughead was named Ellie.


As in Elloise?


Is Ellie Faraday’s Mom? Maybe. What if she is? We can gleen several interesting bits of information from this one fact. This would mean that, like Widmore, Ellie somehow ends up banished from the Island and grows old. Like Widmore, she is a former Other. It is also worth mentioning that she witnessed Faraday vanishing after telling her that he was from the future. That could have sparked her evident interest in time travel.


It is also note-worthy that Faraday mentioned that she looked like a woman he knew. Coming after the revelation that Faraday left that girl in a coma, we were clearly meant to assume he was talking about her, but I would submit he was talking about his Mom.


So, what do you think?"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same thoughts about it.
I think we're right !!!

That would explain why there were no records about Farraday in the Oxford's registers. I think Daniel wasn't a teacher but a student and his mother was teaching at this time but she has a different name.